What is the WaterShed?
A stand-alone building owned by the Northwestern Water and Sewer District that houses a reverse-osmosis, 9-step water treatment system and provides perfect tasting purified drinking water at a low price.
*Visit our newest location in Northwood!*
1740 S. Wheeling Street in the Frisch's Big Boy parking lot!
The 9-step Process
- Ion exchange water softening
- 1 micron filtration
- Granular activated carbon filtration
- 5 micron pre-filter
- Reverse osmosis
- Ultra violet sterilization
- Sub-micron filtration
- Solid block carbon filtration
- Final ultra violet sterilization
Where is it Located?
Watershed locations can be viewed on a map here and are also listed below:
- District's Operations Facility parking lot, 12560 Middleton Pike (SR 582), Bowling Green, Ohio
- Northeast corner of Haskins and Poe Road in Bowling Green, Ohio (near the Wood County Fairgrounds)
- Fostoria Plaza (Plaza Drive-US 23/SR 199, Fostoria, Ohio)
- Village of Custar (9110 Custar Road-across from the American Legion building)
- McClure, Ohio (2926 US Rt. 6, McClure, OH 43534)
- Stony Ridge, Ohio (Fremont Pike-Former Township Bldg. location)
- Bloomdale (located at the village's water tower)
- McComb, Ohio (located in the Village park near SR 613 & SR 285)
All locations are open 24-hours per day, 7-days per week.
Watershed Test Results as of June 16, 2016.
Who can use The WaterShed?
Anyone can use The WaterShed! The WaterShed dispenses drinking water in 1 & 5 gallon containers (you provide) for $.25 a gallon.
How to sanitize your water container:
1. Use household liquid bleach that does not have an added scent (like lemon).
2. Add 1 teaspoon (64 drops or 5 milliliters) of household liquid bleach to 1 quart (32oz, 4 cups, or about 1 liter) of water.
3. Pour this into a clean storage container and shake well, making sure that the solution coats the entire inside of the container.
4. Let sit at least 30 seconds, and then pour out solution.
5. Let air dry OR rinse with clean water that has already been made safe, if available.