Our WaterShed locations are stand-alone buildings owned by the Northwestern Water and Sewer District. They have a reverse-osmosis, 9-step water treatment system and provides perfect tasting purified drinking water at a low price.
Come try our new WaterShed locations in Northwood & Walbridge. Every Wednesday through December, free WaterShed tokens are available at the Frisch's Big Boy in Northwood & the Walbridge Library.
The 9-step Process
- Ion exchange water softening
- 1 micron filtration
- Granular activated carbon filtration
- 5 micron pre-filter
- Reverse osmosis
- Ultra violet sterilization
- Sub-micron filtration
- Solid block carbon filtration
- Final ultra violet sterilization
Where are they Located?
All 10 WaterShed locations can be viewed on a map here and are also listed below:
- District's Operations Facility parking lot, 12560 Middleton Pike, Bowling Green, Ohio
- Northwood, 1740 S. Wheeling Street in the Frisch's Big Boy parking lot.
- Bowling Green - Northeast corner of Haskins and Poe Road
- Fostoria Plaza - Plaza Drive-US 23/SR 199, Fostoria
- Village of Custar - 9110 Custar Road-across from the American Legion
- McClure - 2926 US 6, McClure, OH 43534
- Stony Ridge - Fremont Pike-Former Township Bldg.
- Bloomdale -located at the village's water tower
- McComb - located in the Village park near SR 613 & SR 285
- Walbridge - 108 N. Main Street, Walbridge, Ohio in the library parking lot
All locations are open 24-hours per day, 7-days per week.
WaterShed Test Results as of June 16, 2016.
How much is it?
Anyone can use The WaterShed! The WaterShed dispenses drinking water in 1 & 5 gallon containers (you provide) for $.25 a gallon.
How to sanitize your water container:
1. Use household liquid bleach that does not have an added scent (like lemon).
2. Add 1 teaspoon (64 drops or 5 milliliters) of household liquid bleach to 1 quart (32oz, 4 cups, or about 1 liter) of water.
3. Pour this into a clean storage container and shake well, making sure that the solution coats the entire inside of the container.
4. Let sit at least 30 seconds, and then pour out solution.
5. Let air dry OR rinse with clean water that has already been made safe, if available.